Nasal polyps are an extension of the inner lining of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses. Explained, the rhinopharyngeal behind the nose, there is a formation called pharyngeal tonsil. If this is swell its volume increases, leading to nasal obstruction. Chronic inflammation accompanied by increased amygdala pharyngeal popular called "polyps", the disease is called in medical terms and chronic adenoid adenoids.
What are nasal polyps?
Nasal polyps are a condition that occurs in approximately 0.1% of children and is characterized by stuffy nose, mouth breathing, nasal voice tone, increased nasal discharge, snoring and headaches.
Signs of nasal polyps
Nasal polyps occur most frequently in children between 3 and 6 years. Amygdala by increasing communication between the nose and throat swabs crashes, causing specific symptoms of the disease. The child will have a stuffy nose for most of the time you sneeze frequently, become nazonatÄƒ voice change and infectious diseases occur frequently upper respiratory tract (rhinitis, nasopharyngitis), infections and could be extended to the ear (otitis media) . In addition, there may be muco-purulent nasal discharge, decreased sense of taste and smell, headache and feeling constant tension on the nose.
Polyps child has a specific aspect of the face (called facies adenoidian), which is caused by chronic obstruction of nasal passages: the nose is small, the upper lip is retracted and the mouth is always open because the child is struggling to breathe.
Treatment of nasal polyps
Indicated natural treatment for nasal polyps can improve disease but can not treat all, why your doctor has recommended surgery after a detailed consultation. However, 5% of cases of nasal polyps can recur operate, so it is important to consult your ENT repeatedly.
Here are the best natural remedies recommended by ENT physicians:
- Propolis Tincture - before meals will be taken internally 2 drops every 5 kg of propolis tincture is put on a crumb. Chew well and swallow. If there is allergy to this product may be taken for 30 days.
- S palaces nose with salt water - put 1 teaspoon of salt to 1 liter of water and boil. Leave to cool to body temperature, then take it to scoop water from the hand and pull on a nostril plugging the other one and removing water by mouth. This process is repeated for each nostril alternately. Use 1 liter of liquid to wash and treatment is 2 times per day. This treatment is a method of body hygiene helps a lot and can make the very young child is taught carefully. Be careful, that children do not go outside with wet nostrils.
- Additionally you can put in each nostril honey with lemon juice (in equal quantities) and sneeze. Cure is morning and evening, and could be used for long periods.
- Externally, on the sinus may apply poultices or hot compresses with different herbs. You can also use fresh cheese will be placed on a heated cloth is applied topically and taken for 30 minutes.
- Inhalations of sage tea, primrose, fir or essences of eucalyptus, lavender, sage, chamomile and peppermint are good to follow the evening before bedtime as it helps to release the respiratory tract, and the child will be able to sleep quietly and breathe easy at night.
Homeopathic remedies in cases of nasal polyps
And homeopathic remedies are an effective solution for treating polyps. Homeopathic physician can recommend one of the following remedies: Calcarea (specify if polyps are accompanied by loss of smell, the nose root swelling and mucus yellow), Phopborus (if polyps bleed easily), or Thuy Psorinum occidentalis ( mucus that drains the posterior wall of the pharynx) or Teucrium (if polyps are accompanied by sneezing and tingling in the nose and mucus forming large crusts and dry).